Our Real Estate team has extensive experience in the acquisition and disposal of all real estate, from property portfolios to individual sales and purchases. We have been involved in many of the most prominent real estate transactions in Ireland.
The team advises a wide variety of real estate clients on the sell side, where we have advised loan acquirers, NAMA and financial institutions on the sale of a number of portfolios.
On the buy side, we advise institutional and REIT clients and a substantial number of foreign investors, including private equity investors, that have recently acquired Irish real estate. Many of these clients have used regulated investment structures such as ICAVs and Section 110 companies, to acquire these assets.
Our team provides on-going management advice to landlords and asset managers and advises on all aspects of property investment.
- Acquisition and Leveraged Finance
- Asset Finance
- Debt Capital Markets
- Project Finance
- Transaction Restructurings
- Global Corporate Restructurings
Chambers Europe, 2016
"Unquestionably one of the top options in real estate."
Legal 500, 2016
‘responsive, commercial and pragmatic’
Chambers Europe, 2015
"Capable of translating technical expertise into commercial evaluation and advice."
Legal 500, 2015
Highlights included advising Deutsche Bank on its purchase of a large portfolio of residential properties.
Chambers Europe, 2014
"The team provides advice that is appropriate for the task at hand."
- Acted for Hines Ireland / King Street in the acquisition of the Cherrywood and we have since acted in the sale of residential development sites to Cairn Homes and several substantial office lettings.
- Acted for Invesco Real Estate in the acquisition of Frascati Shopping Centre, Blackrock, County Dublin and ongoing work on its redevelopment, including an ongoing 70,000 sq ft extension.
- Acted for CAPREIT in acquiring the Rockbrook Estate comprising 270 apartments, approximately 48,000 sq ft of commercial space and a development site of approximately 1.13 hectares.
- Acted for Irish Life in the separate acquisitions of 1 Harbourmaster Place, IFSC, Dublin 1 (let to KPMG) and 100/101 Grafton Street, Dublin 2 (let to AIB).
- Acted for IRFU is the sale of lands (c 90 acres) at Newlands Cross, Dublin to Hibernia REIT.
- Acted from Glenveagh Properties in the acquisition of residential development lands in Douglas, Cork from NAMA receiver by way of licence.
- Acted Rohan Holdings in the office letting of 18/21 Charlemont, Dublin 2 to ViaSat and its forward sale to a French real estate investment fund.
- Advised Tetrarch in relation to the purchase and financing of the Citywest Hotel (the largest hotel in Ireland) and Golf complex and 220 acres of associated real estate interests.
- Advised Hattington on the acquisition and development financing of an 81,000 square foot, 263 bed student accommodation scheme in Dublin under a design build contract.