Our Real Estate team has extensive experience in the acquisition and disposal of all real estate, from property portfolios to individual sales and purchases. We have been involved in many of the most prominent real estate transactions in Ireland.
The team advises a wide variety of real estate clients on the sell side, where we have advised NAMA and financial institutions on the sale of a number of portfolios.
On the buy side, we advise institutional and REIT clients and a substantial number of foreign investors, including private equity investors, that have recently acquired Irish real estate. Many of these clients have used regulated investment structures such as ICAVs, QIAIFs and Section 110 companies, to acquire these assets.
Our team provides on-going management advice to landlords and asset managers and advises on all aspects of property investment.
- Acquisition and Leveraged Finance
- Asset Finance
- Debt Capital Markets
- Project Finance
- Transaction Restructurings
- Global Corporate Restructurings
Chambers Europe, 2016
"Unquestionably one of the top options in real estate."
Legal 500, 2016
‘responsive, commercial and pragmatic’
Chambers Europe, 2015
"Capable of translating technical expertise into commercial evaluation and advice."
Legal 500, 2015
Highlights included advising Deutsche Bank on its purchase of a large portfolio of residential properties.
Chambers Europe, 2014
"The team provides advice that is appropriate for the task at hand."
- Acted for Hines Ireland / King Street in the acquisition of the Cherrywood Business Park and have since acted in the recent sale of residential development sites to Cairn Homes and a number of substantial office lettings.
- Acted for Invesco Real Estate in the acquisition of Frascati Shopping Centre, Blackrock, County Dublin and ongoing work on its redevelopment , including a proposed 70,000 sq ft extension.
- Acted for CAPREIT in acquiring the Rockbrook Estate comprising 270 apartments, approximately 48,000 sq ft of commercial space and a development site of approximately 1.13 hectares.
- Acted for Irish Life in the acquisition of 1 Harbourmaster Place, IFSC, Dublin 1.
- Acted for the Turf Club in the sale of the Curragh Racecourse to a development special purpose vehicle. Shareholders in the SPV include the Turf Club, Horse Racing Ireland and several private investors (including the Aga Khan)
- Acted for Hattington Capital regarding its joint venture with Delancey Estates to invest in and develop student housing properties in Dublin. Two prime development sites have been acquired in Dublin for this purpose. A tax efficient ICAV fund is being used which will hold and manage 1500 student accommodation beds.
- Acted for institutional landlord in the letting of National Lottery Headquarters (Middle Abbey Street, Dublin 1) to Premier Lotteries Ireland.