Our lawyers are skilled and experienced in all areas of law affecting the hospitality and leisure sector. Our expertise is acknowledged by clients and legal directories alike.
We regularly act for brand operators, cinema operators, publicans, funders and investors and hotel and leisure developers.
We have extensive experience in buying, selling and leasing cinemas, hotels and pubs. Our team also advise on hotel management and services agreements.
We understand how the Irish hospitality real estate market works. Demand for hotels in the Dublin area is high. We are seeing a significant increase in new hotel development and Capex investment.
Our team has sector-specific knowledge and experience relevant to selling hotel businesses including drafting and negotiating business transfer agreements, employment and TUPE advice, joint ventures, franchising, branding and competition matters.
Trading hospitality assets require industry-specific insight and we are market leaders in this sector.
- Buying and selling hotels, pubs, restaurants, golf courses and cinemas
- Real estate and development
- Liquor licensing
- Leasing, franchising and management agreements
- Corporate structures and joint ventures
- Finance and restructuring of assets
- Tax efficient structures including QIAIFs/ICAVs and limited partnerships
Chambers & Partners, 2019
Held in “very high regard in the industry”, the team is “extremely knowledgeable”.
Chambers & Partners, 2019
Clients enthuse, “for the level of service you get along with the practical and commercial advice, we think it is super value for money."
Chambers Europe, 2016
"Unquestionably one of the top options in real estate."
Legal 500, 2016
"Responsive, commercial and pragmatic"
- Acting for the owners of an extensive hotel and pub portfolio in Ireland in the successful restructuring of their hotel assets including the Regency Hotel, Dublin and Gallaghers Hotel, Donegal
- Acting for the Lender in the financing of 7 hotels including Mount Wolseley Hotel, County Carlow
- Acting for two international hotel brands, Starwood Hotels and Marriott Hotels, putting in place hotel franchise agreements with local hoteliers
- Acting for the Lender in the financing of Farnham Estate Hotel, County Cavan
- Acting for Vendors in Project Venue and Crystal.
- Acting for the Purchaser of Dublin Airport Hilton Hotel in a QIAIF structure.
- Acting for the Lender on acquisition of Tulfarris Hotel & Golf Resort.
- Acting for the Purchasers of the Fleet Hotel in Dublin’s Temple Bar.
Acting for the Vendors of:
- Muckross Park Killarney
- Ambassador Court Hotel, Cork
- Letterkenny Court Hotel, Co Donegal
- The Rockglen Hotel, Clifden, Co Galway
- Charleville Park Hotel, Cork