We assist clients on the structuring, documentation and execution of transactions involving listed and unlisted debt securities.
The deals we work on range from ‘plain vanilla’ standalone bond issues and medium term note programmes to highly structured products.
We have experience of private practice and working in-house with the businesses that structure and originate these deals. Our team includes Irish and English qualified lawyers.
The stock exchange in Dublin - Euronext Dublin - is the number one ranked exchange worldwide for bond listings. As of 31 December 2018, more than 34,000 debt securities from over 90 jurisdictions are listed there. We regularly assist issuers with their offering documentation and obtaining a listing for their securities at Euronext Dublin and other leading exchanges.
Mason Hayes & Curran PSL is an approved debt listing agent with Euronext Dublin and prospectus adviser with the Central Bank of Ireland.
- Stand-alone debt issues
- Establishment and issues under medium term note programmes (MTNs)
- High yield debt and investment grade instruments
- Liability management
- Equity-linked and credit-linked issues
- Preparation and approval of prospectuses, offering circulars / memorandums
- Debt listing services
- Corporate trust and agency
Chambers & Partners, 2019
Clients report that "the firm's client services are always prompt and efficient."
Chambers & Partners, 2019
Clients are particularly pleased with the "quality of work and the responsiveness."
Legal 500, 2019
“Very flexible” team is “available to meet demands at short notice and with little hassle”.
Chambers Europe, 2016
"Quick and responsive, and strong in several areas. Very impressive overall."
Legal 500, 2016
‘very efficient and commercial’
Chambers Europe, 2015
"The team is extremely good at managing the transaction and getting it done; it works very closely together to get you across the line."
- Legal counsel to FlexFunds, a provider of customised repackaging and asset backed securitisation products, on (i) the set-up of multiple Irish incorporated (section 110) issuers, (ii) the establishment of €5 billion asset backed note programmes for each issuer and (ii) ongoing issuances of listed debt securities.
- Irish counsel to a Canadian institutional investor (which manages several public and parapublic pension plans and insurance programmes), on the Irish law aspects of the establishment and approval (in 2019) and re-approval (in 2020) by Euronext Dublin of its US$20 billion medium term note programme and subsequent debt issuances (US$8 billion to date).
- Irish counsel to Wirecard AG group on its debut listed €500 million bond issue.
- Legal counsel to the Trustee on a €1 billion secured limited recourse note programme. Each series of notes is backed by a diversified pool of student loans. The programme is approved for listing/admission to trading on the regulated market of Euronext Dublin.
- Regulatory counsel to an International Financial Institution on its medium term note programme. The programme is approved for listing/admission to trading on the regulated market of Euronext Dublin.
- Advised Kerry Group plc on the issuance of US$750 million unsecured notes and listing on the Global Exchange Market.
- Advised an acquisition vehicle backed by a consortium of private equity funds comprising Berkshire Partners LLC, Advent International Corporation and Bain Capital Partners, in the issuance of US$310 million senior notes and listing on the Global Exchange Market in connection with the acquisition of SkillSoft PLC.