Ireland is a major jurisdiction of choice for the establishment and implementation of debt capital markets and structured finance transactions and the listing of debt. The Irish legal, tax and regulatory regime, together with the availability of sophisticated and experienced professional services providers, is highly supportive of this sector.
Our Debt Capital Markets and Structured Finance team is a specialised group who provide a partner led integrated service in relation to debt capital markets, structured finance and securitisation transactions.
We provide financial services, securities, tax and regulatory law advice to our clients in relation to the set up and implementation of such transactions.
Our team advises financial institutions, public international bodies, issuers, originators, sponsors, SPVs and SSPEs, note and security trustees amongst others.
Mason Hayes & Curran PSL is an approved prospectus adviser with the Central Bank of Ireland; and debt listing agent with the Irish Stock Exchange.
- Debt capital markets
- Bond issuance
- High yield debt & investment grade instruments
- Structured finance
- Asset backed securities
- Debt Listing Services
Our leading practitioners include:
- Daragh O'Shea, Partner, Debt Capital Markets & Structured Finance
- Rowena Fitzgerald, Partner, Financial Regulation
- Niamh Keogh, Partner, Tax and Structuring
- David Mangan, Partner, Capital Markets
- Neil Campbell, Partner, Financial Services
- William Carmody, Partner, Head of Financial Services
- Micheál Grace, Partner, Financial Services
Chambers & Partners, 2019
Clients report that "the firm's client services are always prompt and efficient."
Chambers & Partners, 2019
Clients are particularly pleased with the "quality of work and the responsiveness."
Legal 500, 2019
“Very flexible” team is “available to meet demands at short notice and with little hassle”.
Chambers Europe, 2016
"Quick and responsive, and strong in several areas. Very impressive overall."
Legal 500, 2016
‘very efficient and commercial’
Chambers Europe, 2015
"The team is extremely good at managing the transaction and getting it done; it works very closely together to get you across the line."
- Advising Permanent TSB, in its roles as sponsor and originator, on the due diligence and legal title / transfer of assets on the Project Glenbeigh securitisation (a market leading NPL securitisation of Irish residential mortgage loans)
- Irish legal counsel to a major Canadian pension fund manager in relation to (i) the establishment, and approval by Euronext Dublin, of its new US$20 billion Euro Medium Term Note program and (ii) admission to listing and trading on GEM of its initial US$2 billion issuance under the program
- Advising a specialist US arranger, in relation to the set-up of multiple Irish incorporated issuers and Medium Term Note programs, and ongoing listed issuances under those programs
- On-going Irish capital markets regulatory advice to a multilateral development lende in relation to its Euro Medium Term Note program which is approved for issuances on Euronext Dublin’s regulated market
- Advised a banking syndicate on the securitisation of receivables using an Irish platform