We wish to hire a Knowledge Lawyer to support several departments across the firm, with a particular emphasis on litigation and employment law.
Mason Hayes & Curran LLP is a leading Irish law firm based in Dublin with offices in San Francisco, New York and London. We are a business law firm with extensive knowledge and experience in the following sectors: Energy, Technology, Financial Services, Built Environment and Healthcare & Life Sciences.
Experience in the following practice areas welcomed:
- construction law (contentious and/or non-contentious);
- energy regulation, or the law of another regulated sector; and
- regulatory/public and administrative law.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Knowledge Lawyer to join our friendly and motivated Knowledge team. Working as part of the Knowledge team, the Knowledge Lawyer will be responsible for several tasks, including assisting the firm’s lawyers with technical legal queries and building the firm’s knowledge resources, including precedents and know how.
You will work with our other knowledge lawyers and report to the Director of Knowledge and Heads of the relevant departments. You will be involved in:
- assisting lawyers with technical legal queries
- developing know how and precedent documentation
- monitoring legal developments across practice areas and preparing timely internal bulletins
- assisting with the preparation of external ezines
- collecting, reviewing and indexing ‘know how’ submitted from lawyers (including, for example, sample transaction documents, advice notes and research that have a ‘know how’ value), and maintaining them within the internal knowledge management system
- developing handbooks and practice notes on areas of interest or setting out ‘firm views’; and
- promoting a knowledge sharing culture across the firm and collaborating with lawyers and knowledge lawyers across other departments on centralised projects or areas of shared technical interest
- be a qualified solicitor, barrister or lawyer (ideally with at least 4 years’ post qualification experience)
- have a strong academic background with excellent research skills and a thorough understanding of the legislative process in EU and Ireland
- have experience in litigation, employment law, case law analysis and statutory interpretation
- be proactive and have strong project management and organisational skills, with the ability to manage multiple workstreams, delivering them on time and to completion
- have excellent written and communication skills
- be confident in public speaking and delivering training
- be highly computer literate and have an aptitude for working with technology
- have excellent analytical and drafting skills, as well as a keen attention to detail
- be commercially aware, understanding the needs of the firm and clients; and
- demonstrate qualities that fit with a cohesive, supportive and friendly team
- Excellent remuneration and benefits package; pension, healthcare & bonus.
- Enviable client base and strong career progression opportunities.
- Friendly and informal working atmosphere.
- Flexible/hybrid working arrangements.
- Friendly, open and informal working atmosphere.
- Focus on employee involvement, wellbeing and success.
- Social events, clubs and initiatives (Green Team, Working on Wellness, subsidised fitness classes, MHC RISE, Diversity, Sports & Social and Art Committee)
- MHC knowledge and education programme to facilitate major development as a lawyer.
How to Apply
If you are interested and meet the above requirements, please apply via the enclosed link.