We are seeking a solicitor to join our highly regarded Charities team.
Mason Hayes & Curran LLP is a leading Irish law firm based in Dublin with offices in San Francisco, New York and London. We are a business law firm with extensive knowledge and experience in the following sectors: Charities, Energy, Technology, Financial Services, Built Environment and Healthcare & Life Sciences.
This is a unique opportunity for an ambitious candidate to join Ireland’s leading and largest charities practice.
The team is part of a larger Corporate Department and the role will best suit a solicitor with corporate advisory and governance experience.
The MHC Charities team is recognised as a leading adviser in Ireland on all types of governance, advisory and transactional matters for household name Irish charities, international charities and Ireland’s leading hospitals, universities and housing bodies. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on some of the most high-profile, innovative and complex matters facing charities today. We consider ourselves the best at what we do and we are eager to expand our team by fostering our new solicitor toward excellence in this rewarding career.
We advise charities on all of their legal needs, including in relation to establishment, trusteeship, compliance with charities regulation, company law, governance, mergers, restructurings, windups, and all general corporate and commercial matters impacting on charities. The team also advises not-for-profit organisations and social enterprises on similar matters.
The ideal candidate will be a solicitor with experience in corporate transactional, advisory and governance work with:
- strong academic credentials;
- hard working with great motivation;
- good organisational skills;
- the ability to build relationships and trust with clients;
- the ability to manage both their own caseload and work as part of a team;
- excellent attention to detail; and
- a genuine interest in and understanding of the charity sector in Ireland.
The ideal candidate should have 3 – 4 years PQE, an understanding of the Charities Act 2009 and of the role of the Charities Regulatory Authority as well as experience in company law/ governance/ corporate transactional and advisory work.
Our Charities team is in an exciting growth phase which offers exceptional career progression opportunities for the successful candidate. We invite you to grow your career with us
- At MHC, we are proud of our culture and value the organisation’s friendly and informal working atmosphere. We encourage staff involvement at all levels and are committed to fostering a climate of open communication across the firm
- At MHC, we offer flexible working arrangements
- As a leading progressive law firm, we are offering an excellent remuneration and benefits package including pension, healthcare, bonus aimed to reward high performance
- The successful candidate will have access to an enviable client base and strong career progression opportunities
- Excellent and regular social events and a range of different types of clubs (sporting and other) in MHC plus other initiatives, such as our award-winning Green Month and our on-going employee wellness program Working on Wellness (WOW)
- In MHC Corporate, there is an excellent knowledge and education programme, which will greatly assist the successful candidate in their development as a lawyer
How to Apply
If you want the opportunity to be exposed to high quality client work and excellent training, we would encourage you to apply via the enclosed link.